Wednesday, November 14, 2018

My Goodreads - Reading Challenge 2018

I registered to Goodreads couple of yours back out of curiosity and started to actively reading books in 2016 and 2017 but was just struggling to allocate enough time to regularly read. At the very end of 2017, I found about reading challenge in Goodreads and opt in for the reading challenge of 2018 to read 8 books. I shortlisted books before 2018 started and bought paper back copies of first three books before new year starts.

Was it difficult?

Well, I admit it was difficult. Taking a challenge builds pressure on you and its not good to add another reason to stress out yourself when you have so many of them already! All I focused to think was to try look for suitable time to read and always keep a book with me in my bag. Its okay if I do not finish the challenge but at least I would be able to read some books or in a worst case pages.

There were times when I was moving along with the book in my bag and did not read any single page in weeks. At times the books that I chose seems to be boring, so I had to pause with that book and switch over to other ones. I talked about my challenges to lot many people in office and friend circle so that they keep asking me about the progress.

All these things helped but it was still difficult to finish 8 books.

Here are books that I completed. Feel free to react on the challenge if you have good reads account.


What's the catch?

In the beginning I started with some of the big and lengthy books. Based on the time left in the year, I just adjusted my reading list with some small books that I wanted to read out of my big list of books. You will see In search of excellence, thinking fast and slow etc are big books with heavy concepts that takes time to understand. As the year progressed, I just picked up small books like zero to one and I cheated by adding Sea Prayer which is just a picture book that hardly takes 20mins to read.

Join in, let's try it in 2019

As we are heading towards 2019, I will be taking up Goodreads Reading challenge to read 10 books this time. Do you want to join in? Let's do it together!

P.S. - I am in Ahmedabad and all my books are available to be borrowed free of cost for reading.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your valuable comments about this post if it helped you. Thanks

Popular Posts