Before we startBefore we start we will need the domain/sub domain for which you want to generate https certificate is up and running on http.
Get Certificate, Key and CA Certificate
- Goto https://www.sslforfree.com/ and enter your domain/sub domain and click on Create Free SSL Certificate
- Click on "Manual Verification" and then "Manually Verify Domain"
- download the file "Download File #1" and upload it to specified path
- Click on download certificate and download certificate, key and ca certificate.
- download openssl for windows from http://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html
- put your certificate and key in bin directory of openssl installation where you have openssl.exe.
- fire command "OpenSSL.exe pkcs12 -export -in cer.cer -inkey key.key -out iis-cert.pfx" where cer.cer is the certificate and key.key is the key file download from sslforfree.com.
- It will ask you for a password and as it again to confirm. Once you type same password twice, it will generate iis-cert.pfx that you can rename.
- go to iis server and select the iis server node
- click on server certificates
- click on import in the top right section and choose iis-cert.pfx and enter password.
- This will import ssl certificate in the iis certificate store that you can assign to any site in iis when you choose https binding.