Friday, December 16, 2011

Sharepoint: Debugging - which process to attach

As some of you may already be knowing, I have just joined a team of sharepoint developers and right now learning sharepoint development.



This is my first day to work on a development after watching videos and reading books and I already find myself lost while attaching to the process for debugging a webpart control in sharepoint. Here is how I finally got my ProcessID to attach:

Just open command prompt as administrator and type following:

%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe list wp

Hope this will help to the developers who are new OR not knowing the way to find which process to attach.

Happy coding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your valuable comments about this post if it helped you. Thanks

Popular Posts