So let's start building a new parent portal in local environment:
- Login to host and go to Host > Portals
- Click Create New Portal
- Enter portalName Parent1 and username parent1admin, and add all other required data.
- go ahead an create new portal.
- Create a new virtual directory Parent1 and point it to dnn installation that you are using to create this portal
- Go to Host > Sql and execute this query :
Set HTTPAlias = 'localhost/Parent1'
Where HTTPAlias='Parent1' or HTTPAlias='parent1'
- Try accessing localhost/parent1
Hope you enjoyed this trick.